Thank you for your interest in an enrolment at Bateman Primary.
We are a school that always welcomes new students, however due to the high demand for places at the school the Department of Education has designated Bateman as a local intake area school and priority of enrolment is given to children who reside within the boundaries of this school. Cross boundary admission will only occur if there are places available.
You need to apply to enrol your children in public school for 2019 if they are:
Starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2019
Starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2019
All children of compulsory school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten, however compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-primary.
Forms for Kindergarten and Pre-Primary to Year 6 are included on this page. The Information Booklet is also included. Click on the link at the bottom of the page.
Our school boundaries are:-
- Leach Highway (odd numbers)
- Kwinana Freeway
- South Street
- Prescott Drive
- Somerville Boulevard
- Murdoch Drive
To assist the school to determine the student’s eligibility under the enrolment criteria, the following supporting documentation should accompany the application for enrolment:
- A birth certificate or extract of birth certificate or passport should accompany the application for enrolment as proof of age. Only in very exceptional circumstances, and only with the permission of the principal, will a student be placed in a group that does not correspond to his or her age group.
- Proof of residency at the property where the student will reside. This may be a power account, gas account, telephone account or any other document that may support the application as proof of residency. (A rate notice or driver's license will not be received as proof of residency.) If residing in a rental property the lease agreement must be presented.
- Record of immunisation history. Up-to-date immunisation history can be obtained through Medicare.
- Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999, Division 2.20 "the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given." It is also a requirement that the school is informed immediately of any change of address.
Students who were born overseas must be naturalised Australians or hold an appropriate visa before enrolling at the school. For overseas students who are in Australia using an entry visa it is necessary that we sight the passport of the parent - primary visa holder – and student at this time.
Parent of students with special needs should discuss adjustments that will be necessary in the classroom and playground, at enrolment, to allow us to best accommodate their child and provide for a smooth transition to their new school.