Bateman Primary School Parents & Citizens Association is the voice of parents, guardians and the community within our school. The school has a strong parent engagement where both mum and dad are always most welcome. We proactively work with the school administration team, board and teachers to improve your child/ren's primary school experience.
There are a myriad of things the P&C does at Bateman. Throughout the school year you will see parents organising welcome and end of year social events, parenting workshops, camps, school lunches and banking, running the uniform shop, painting murals and beautifying the school gardens, among many, many other things.
One of our key roles in partnering with the school administration raising funds to help support core child education programs. Exciting examples of this are the Bush Tucker Path, Kitchen Garden and Chicken Coop - all of which form part of integrated "whole of child" education programs at the school. More recently, we commissioned a friendship mural on the library wall, setting out the key friendship rules for our U R Strong program. Wait to you see what we have planned for our 50th Year School Anniversary and beyond!
The P&C provides all parents opportunities within the school to contribute to your child/s "whole of child" learning experience that benefits all children attending today, and those who may attend Bateman PS in the future. You also get the fantastic benefit of making some great parent friendships, leave a lasting legacy and of course have a lot of fun being involved along the way.
As parents ourselves, we understand everyone is time poor. Whether you can spare an hour every now or then, or have more time available, we would love to hear from you. We hold a couple of P&C meetings each term (usually week 2 or 3 and then week 7 or 8) on a Monday night at 7pm. Everyone is welcome. Please get in touch if you would like any further information or speak with the school administration team.
On behalf of the P&C and Bateman PS community, can I please ask for your support. Get involved - I guarantee you'll have some fun, enjoy some positive rewards and have a laugh or two along the way!
We all look forward to seeing you around the school in 2021, 2022, 2023...
Class Representatives for 2021
The P&C are looking for two volunteering parents from each class (preferably one for each year group if in a split class) to be a Class Representatives in 2021. Having a Class Representative helps provide a point of contact for parents, class teacher and the P&C.
Class Representatives duties simply involve…
- Compiling a ‘Class Friendship List’ (with Child’s Name, Year, Parent/s Name and Contact Number), emailing the list to class parents only and keeping it up to date to help build social networks – this is particularly helpful for new parents to the school, arranging playdates, party invitations etc.
- (Optional) Organise class social events/activities like coffee mornings, dinners, end of year celebrations etc.
- The School Newsletter, Skoolbag, Website, P&C Facebook Page and direct correspondence from the Class Teacher will always be the form of communication to parents with what’s happening in the classroom, in and around the school, fundraising initiatives and upcoming social events etc and not via the Class Reps.
- Class Reps are not to be used or help other parents express concern about their own children. This should be done directly between the parents themselves and the teacher.
- Class Reps do not have to be part of the P&C and are not required to attend P&C meetings – although you are most welcome to attend.
- To comply with school policy, coordinating collections for end-of-year gifts and cards for class teachers shall no longer be the responsibility of the Class Rep. However, parents are most welcome to provide an individual gift to teachers if they wish.
Please advise your classroom teacher and Kathy Stafford at email@example.com of your interest by 26 February so that a ‘Class Rep Information Pack’ containing templates, forms, class listing etc can be forwarded to you.
Uniform Shop - Volunteers Required!
Are you available to help in the Uniform Shop for an hour on a Thursday morning - once every 2 or 3 weeks? We usually have 2 people working each week so you will have an experienced volunteer to show you the ropes.
If you are available please contact Siobhan (Siobhan_uniform@icloud.com)
Your Feedback and Get in Touch
We welcome any feedback and ideas you may have that would help benefit the children and school. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to one of our regular P&C meetings.
What’s Happening on Facebook?
Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/batemanpandc is frequently updated with events, pictures, videos and information on what is happening at our school. Like us to keep up to date with what is happening and stay in touch.